Mexican Social Security (IMSS)
The Mexican government, through the Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS for its Mexican initials), provides affordable health insurance for all residents of Mexico regardless of their nationality.
Your coverage will be activated after you start to work at ASF, once accepted, you will be covered for life, as long as you continue to pay your yearly premiums. To apply you will need:
- Two photocopies of your current passport and immigration documentation
- Copies of either your FM-T, FM-2 or FM-3 (tourist/expatriate visas)
- Duplicate copies of your marriage license (if applicable)
- Two copies of your most recent utility or telephone bill in your name or a lease agreement in your name
- Three passport-type photographs
- Malignant tumors (cancer)
- Chronic degenerative disease such as that which is seen with long-standing diabetes, liver disease (cirrhosis, hepatitis, etc.), kidney disease (renal failure or renal insufficiency), heart disease (previous heart attack, arrhythmia, or valvular disease), lung disease (chronic bronchitis, emphysema, etc.), neurologic disease (multiple), cerebrovascular disease (stroke or TIA), peripheral vascular disease, and many others.
- Drug or alcohol dependency
- Psychiatric illness
- HIV positive status or history of AIDS
- History of traumatic or muscular injury that continues to require treatment