The Art Fair, held every second Saturday of November at ASF, is one of our most anticipated family events and the PA’s biggest fundraiser. This year, we proudly celebrated its Golden Anniversary, as 50 years ago, the first fair was held in the U.S. Embassy Residence gardens. To pay homage to how far we’ve come, this year’s theme was “Transform”, which helped us explore how the fair has evolved over the years.
We were honored to have Christopher Landau, U.S. Ambassador, Olga Sánchez Cordero, Interior Secretary and Layda Sansores, Álvaro Obregón Mayor as special guests.
The 50th Art Fair with the theme “TRANFORM” offered:
- Over 100 artists selling their art around our beautiful gardens.
- MAIA Contemporary as our invited gallery, featuring work by Pedro Friedeberg, Olivia Steele, Alexis Mata and Tatiana Camacho.
- Art Exhibit created by our K-12 and IB Arts Program students.
- Performing Arts presentations by our K-12 students.
- Art workshops for smaller children.
- Food Court presented by the Upper School Student Clubs, our Maintenance team and some renowned restaurants.
Along with the above, the 50th edition of this traditional event featured work by IB Visual Arts student, Manuela Cosío, who was selected as the Artist of the Year.
The 50th annual Art Fair offered an amazing selection by local and international artists, complemented by carefully curated exhibitions, workshops for children, a food court and music performances by our students. We would like to give a shout out to the PA, all volunteers and to all the different divisions and teams who made this magnificent event possible!