International ASFMUN Conference
MARCH 1ST TO 8TH, 2020
UPDATED: AUGUST 24TH, 2019
ASFMUN’s preparatory material guarantees that delegates will be much more confident in understanding their topics and positions; providing engaging and transformative learning opportunities that will aim to empower students with the skills and resources they need to be successful in the model.
Currently, our leadership team is hard at work assembling the background guides for you. We will notify you as soon as a committee's background guide is released!
- General Assembly
- Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL)
- The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (UN Human Rights)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Special Committee on the Charter of the United Nations and on the Strengthening of the Role of the Organization
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)
- Permanent Forum for Indigenous Issues (UNPFII)
- UN Technology Innovation Labs (UNTIL)
- Historical Committee: UN Security Council 1950
- International Press Corps (IPC)
- Ad Hoc Committee
The Press Corps consists of news agency representatives assigned to cover the committee proceedings in the conference. Our news agencies represent various regions across the globe - representative of the diverse ways news topics are reported in the media. Delegates in this committee will be tasked with writing on-the-spot articles about the proceedings in various other committees.
Ad Hoc is a unique crisis committee designed to challenge each delegate expertise in their respective country as they face a variety of topics that stem from our ASFMUN committees. Delegates are expected to master country policy, as they will not be made aware of the topic until they are in committee session. This is one of the most challenging committees ASFMUN offers.
Our conscience programme makes ASFMUN unique. The conference goes beyond committee doors, integrating service learning and opportunities so students get to engage firsthand with the issues they're debating.
The document below includes more complete information about our conscience programme and its educational purpose.