The American School Foundation’s College Fair is coming back for its 35th year with a new look and new partners!
Saturday, October 13, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
It is the most extensive undergraduate fair in Mexico, one that is free to attend and open to the public.
Over 130 colleges and universities from the United States, Mexico, Canada, Europe and Australia participate, and students from 50 bilingual high schools are invited. Yearly, we have approximately 1000 people in attendance.
This is an excellent way for students and their parents to learn about educational opportunities in Mexico and abroad.
All students must register for the fair; in advance or day-of.
Once you complete the form, you will be texted and emailed a barcode that the colleges can scan. When a college scans your barcode, they will receive your information.
Before the Fair
- Make a list of the colleges you want to be sure to visit...though you'll want to stay open to finding new colleges, too. Once you have a list of possibilities, check out the colleges' websites. You can get the answers to basic questions, so you can focus on getting more in-depth at the fair. You might want to jot down some questions to ask before you get to the fair--it can be easy to get overwhelmed and forget what you planned to ask
- Consider course selection options for the following school year. Are you confused as to which class to take? Do you have some favorite possible universities?
At the Fair
- Introduce yourself with confidence by saying who you are and look the representative in the eyes and smile. Handshaking in not necessary.
- When saying farewell, make sure to thank them for their time
What to ask, what to say
- While you have an admissions representative and/or alum in front of you, you should take the opportunity to ask more probing questions that will help you get a feel for the college. You may ask about dorms, campus life, student organizations, opportunities for study abroad, etc. You can ask what makes their college distinctive. If speaking with alumni, ask about their experience, both on campus, and after graduation.
- Impress the rep by asking specific questions about the college and the programs (previous research comes in handy)
- Share your interests and let them know what they can contribute to the university
- Please make sure you inquire about financial aid for international students and how one goes about applying for it.
College Fair Don’ts
- Don't ask, "What majors do you have?" Or "how is your ( whatever) major?". A more engaging question about a particular major could be "Can you tell me about the type of research (or internship or project) opportunities that exist in the X department?"
- Don’t ask “What is your ranking?” If you’re really that interested, you can find that information online (and most U.S. representatives are anti-ranking anyway)
- Don't be scared off by a college's cost--at least, not at this stage of the game. Some students avoid looking at some colleges because they assume they can't afford them. In fact, these colleges might have more financial aid money to offer--it's always worth applying! If financial aid will be an important factor for you, ask about the average aid package and the availability of merit scholarships.
After the Fair
- Ask yourself which colleges stood out and why.
- Organize the college material you collected and review it that week while it’s fresh in your mind.
- Go over any notes you took during the fair.
- Throw out the pamphlets of colleges you’ve ruled out so you can focus on the colleges you’re interested in.
- Do more research on the colleges you’re thinking about. Explore websites, contact the admission office or plan a campus visit. If you liked what you saw at the fair, it may be time to see the college in person.
|Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, Australia|
|LAE Educación Internacional|
|UTS Insearch - University of Technology Sydney|
|Kwantlen Polytechnic University|
|Memorial University of Newfoundland|
|Mount Allison University|
|Quest University Canada|
|Royal Roads University|
|St. Francis Xavier Uniersity|
|University of Alberta|
|University of British Columbia|
|University of Calgary|
|University of Toronto|
|Vancouver Island University|
|Blanquerna - Facultad de Comunicación y Relaciones Internacionales (Barcelona)|
|Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne|
|ESADE Business School|
|ESCP Europe Business School|
|EU Business School|
|European University of Atlantic|
|Franklin University Switzerland|
|Goldsmiths, University of London|
|Istituto Europeo di Design|
|Jacobs University Bremen|
|John Cabot University|
|La Salle Campus Barcelona-Ramon Llull University|
|Les Roches Global Hospitality Education|
|NABA- Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti|
|Richmond The American International University in London|
|Swiss Education Group|
|The American University of Rome|
|The University of Sheffield|
|Universidad de Navarra|
|Universidad Europea del Atlántico|
|University College Dublin|
|University of Aberdeen|
|University of Amsterdam|
|University of Bristol|
|University of Southampton|
|University of Warwick|
|Hult International Business School|
|NYU Abu Dhabi|
|Arkansas State University, Campus Querétaro|
|Universidad Anáhuac México|
|Centro de Diseño, Cine y Televisión|
|Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas|
|Universidad del Claustro de Sor Juana|
|Centro Universitario Eleia|
|Universidad Iberoamericana Puebla|
|Instituto Tecnólogico Autónomo de México|
|Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México|
|TEC de Monterrey|
|SAE Institute México|
|Superior de Gastronomía|
|Universidad de Monterrey|
|Universidad de las Américas Puebla|
|Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara|
|Universidad de las Américas Ciudad de México|
|Universidad La Salle|
|Global Leadership Adventures|
|National Student Leadership Conference|
|Oxbridge Academic Programs|
|Abilene Christian University|
|Arizona State University (ASU)|
|California College of the Arts|
|Columbia College Chicago|
|Florida International University|
|Gustavus Adolphus College|
|Indiana University - Bloomington|
|Marymount California University|
|Michigan State University|
|New York Film Academy|
|Nova Southeastern University|
|Otis College Of Art And Design|
|Our Lady of the Lake University|
|Portland State University|
|Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey|
|Sacred Heart University|
|Salve Regina University|
|Savannah College of Art and Design SCAD|
|School of the Art Institute of Chicago|
|Sewanee: The University of the South|
|St. Mary's University|
|Texas Christian University|
|Texas State University|
|The Culinary Institute of America|
|The George Washington University|
|The Ohio State University|
|The University of Tulsa|
|University of Arizona|
|University of California, Los Angeles|
|University of California, San Diego|
|University of Chicago|
|University of Colorado, Boulder|
|University of Dayton|
|University of La Verne|
|University of Miami|
|University of North Carolina Wilmington|
|University of Notre Dame|
|University of Oregon|
|University of San Diego|
|University of Southern California|
|University of Vermont|
|University of Wisconsin-Madison|
|University of Wyoming|